Yes! Stripe now offers lower transaction fees for registered 501(c) non-profits.
- 2.2% + $0.30 / transaction for non-AMEX cards (3.5% + no fixed fee for AMEX)
- The standard rate is 2.9% + $0.30
- Stripe will also waive fees on your first $15K of volume, starting from when Stripe applies the discount, and ending once you've either exceeded $15K in processing volume or on the one year anniversary of the promotion being applied
How do I get started?
To confirm eligibility and activate non-profit pricing, please email email@example.com and provide the following:
- Your Stripe account's email address
- EIN (employer identification number)
- A letter stating your 501[c] status (ideally an IRS letter)
I'm not yet processing payments in my app - how do I get started?
Is there a minimum volume of payments that need to be processed to get the discount?
There is no minimum.
Why is the percentage higher for AMEX?
AMEX traditionally charges a higher transaction percentage fee to merchants versus other card providers, so Stripe appears to be breaking out AMEX cards as a separate fee to partly offset (and enable) this non-profit discount.